Subject: Re: Slow highlighting (Re: "drop-in replacement" and transpose-words-match)
From: Bart Schaefer <[email-masked]>
To: Zsh hackers list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 20:31:05 -0800
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

On Jan 26, 10:50pm, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
} Subject: Re: Slow highlighting (Re: "drop-in replacement" and transpose-wo
}
} fned with z-sy-h is slow.
} 
} vared with z-sy-h is slow.
} 
} > What about with a history line containing a function definition?
} 
} Also slow.
} 
} I also tested it as a single line, and that was still slow:

So, it's not "zed", it's any case where you're doing syntax analysis of
a function definition.

Time to start eliminating the set of highlighters one by one until you
find one that seems to be the culprit?  Glancing at the github pages,
there seem to be several hightlighters on by default.  My bet would be
on the one that looks for balanced braces, because there is always an
unmatched open brace lurking at the start of the function.

Of course it a combination of highlighters may be involved, which would
be more difficult to isolate.