Subject: Re: vi-history-search(forward|backward) vicmd mappings
From: Larry Hynes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 03:30:11 +0000 (UTC)
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

On 2016-01-24, Bart Schaefer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> It always seemed a little odd to me because to search using banghist
> you type !?...? so why not also type ? to start search from vicmd?
> I would have changed it a long time ago, but I've never been a user
> of vi mode in the shell so didn't argue about it much, and then I
> simply forgot about it.
>
> Oliver has been the most active in updating the vi widget set lately.
> Perhaps he has an opinion.

FWIW, I was tooling around with csh - well, tcsh (6.18.01) - on
FreeBSD running on an old PowerPC machine this evening and it
appears to do what I would expect it to do i.e. use '?' to
search backwards and '/' to search forwards in the history file
when 'bindkey -v' is in effect.

My future happiness and sanity may depend on zsh getting this
'right'. No pressure...