Subject: Re: Should (t)path = array-unique-special work this way
From: Sebastian Gniazdowski <[email-masked]>
To: Bart Schaefer <[email-masked]>
Cc: Zsh hackers list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 18:34:06 +0100
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

On 5 February 2016 at 18:15, Bart Schaefer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Other things you might be asking about:
>
> Q: Why is nr2 repeated when path is declared -U ?
> A: Because it's repeated in $PATH.  Array uniqueness of tied arrays is
>    only applied when assigning to the array; when assigning to the tied
>    scalar, the array faithfully copies the value of the scalar.

That was my question. The path has *-unique in type, this could be
viewed as a guard that no repetition is possible, but the guard is
avoided by assigning to PATH. That's from one point of view
unexpected.

Side, one lesson is not to rely on attached content and always include
plain question.

Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski