Subject: Re: ZSH_SCRIPT
From: Peter Stephenson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 09:30:34 +0000
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

On Tue, 1 Mar 2016 15:14:17 -0500
Greg Klanderman <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hi Bart, I wasn't sure if by "probably" you wanted someone (Peter?) to
> comment but I think adding ztrdup should be safe and ztrdup_metafy is
> used for the other variables so almost has to be right; here is an
> updated patch.

No, the new variables come from an argument and these are already
metafied very early on in zsh_main by

    for (t = argv; *t; *t = metafy(*t, -1, META_ALLOC), t++);

Look around and you'll see none of the other uses of command line
arguments don't get further metafied, either (including posixzero
which is related to the new ones).

The things that need metafying when turned into variables come from
the environment (including the working directory).

pws