Subject: Re: ZSH_SCRIPT
From: Greg Klanderman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 16:24:13 -0500
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

>>>>> On March 2, 2016 Martijn Dekker <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Is there a particular reason why it should be empty rather than unset?
> Unset seems more logical; if we're not running a script, the script name
> is not the empty string but it doesn't exist. This would also make it
> possible to do
> 	[[ -v ZSH_SCRIPT ]]
> to check if you're in a script.

Hi Martijn, I'm happy to do it either way, but went with what had
been discussed about 5 years ago when both Bart and Peter seemed to
prefer empty to unset:

http://www.zsh.org/mla/workers/2011/msg00183.html

Bart> I think empty is OK, but let's hear from PWS.

PWS> I think empty is much more Zen-like, so fits perfectly.

Bart and Peter, can you let me know if that still holds?

Greg