Subject: Re: zsh manual - missing bookmarks in pdf file?
From: Greg Klanderman <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2016 09:39:23 -0500
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

>>>>> On March 3, 2016 Jun T <[email-masked]> wrote:

> This US version has no bookmarks. The A4 version is OK:

> http://zsh.sourceforge.net/Doc/zsh_a4.pdf

> I don't know how the US version was created.

> Is it important for you that the paper size is US Letter?

A4 is fine, it's not like I'm actually going to print it..  but if
we're going to put these up for download it would be nice to post
complete pdfs with the table of contents/bookmarks..

Looking at the Makefile, maybe pdfetex vs texi2pdf?

    zsh.pdf: $(sdir)/zsh.texi
            if [ x$(TEXI2PDF) != x ]; then \
              $(TEXI2PDF) $(sdir)/zsh.texi; \
            else \
              PDFTEX=$(PDFETEX) $(TEXI2DVI) --pdf $(sdir)/zsh.texi; \
            fi

My machine has texi2pdf and is creating a pdf with the bookmarks.
So I'll just use that :-)  At one point years ago I had stopped being
able to build the pdfs locally and resorted to downloading them.  It
appears to work for me now, but the pdfs are not generated by default
with just "make" so I hadn't realized it was working.

I'm building out of a git checkout, but if you need me to download
official 5.2 and build a US pdf with bookmarks to post, LMK.

Greg