Subject: Re: [PATCH] configure: use user set pcre-config
From: Peter Stephenson <[email-masked]>
To: Baruch Siach <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2016 12:05:37 +0000
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

On Thu, 3 Mar 2016 23:37:27 +0200
Baruch Siach <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Setting a non default configuration script location is common practice when
> cross compiling, since the target library might need different flags. zsh
> configure scripts allows the user to set pcre-config location but doesn't
> actually use it. Fix this.

Thanks, that looks fine and I've committed it.

I wonder if we should be doing something similar further up?  I was
evidently a bit tentative when I committed the code here since it
insists only on tweaking the flags if the pcre-config set up was
standard.  But I don't know this is actually a problem.

if test x$enable_pcre = xyes; then
AC_CHECK_PROG([PCRECONF], pcre-config, pcre-config)
dnl Typically (meaning on this single RedHat 9 box in front of me)
dnl pcre-config --cflags produces a -I output which needs to go into
dnl CPPFLAGS else configure's preprocessor tests don't pick it up,
dnl producing a warning.
if test "x$ac_cv_prog_PCRECONF" = xpcre-config; then
  CPPFLAGS="$CPPFLAGS `pcre-config --cflags`"
fi
fi

pws