Subject: Re: PATCH: short-circuiting glob exclusion operator
From: Jesper Nygårds <[email-masked]>
To: "Zsh Hackers' List" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 12:46:43 +0100
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 10:46 AM, Peter Stephenson <[email-masked]
> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 15:54:21 -0700
> Bart Schaefer <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > Aside:  Do we really want to add this before we've figured out the
> > background for "Extended globbing seems to have become much slower"?
>
> No hurry, but I have no idea where that's going and we already seem to
> have excluded most of the things we know about...
>
>
Concerning the "Extended globbing..." thread: since I switched to using
'find' instead of zsh globbing, I haven't looked any more at the problem
discussed in that thread. I'd be happy to help with whatever testing anyone
finds relevant, but I was a bit worried that this was a problem only I was
seeing.

In fact, the directory I was having problems with, and running tests
within, is a collection of Java open source projects, so it would certainly
be possible to reconstruct the directory hierarchy on someone else's
computer, if anyone wants to run tests with my particular hierarchy. I'd be
happy to provide instructions if anyone wants to do that. But apart from
that, I'm afraid I can't be of much help in fixing it.