Subject: new zsh build hang on sparkylinux (essentially debian test)
From: Vin Shelton <[email-masked]>
To: "Zsh Hackers' List" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 21:08:04 -0400
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

Hi,

I just installed the most recent version of sparky linux (it is based on
debian testing).  I built zsh and the newly-built zsh hangs.  Here is the
tail of

strace ./Src/zsh -f

socket(PF_LOCAL, SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_CLOEXEC|SOCK_NONBLOCK, 0) = 11
connect(11, {sa_family=AF_LOCAL, sun_path="/var/run/nscd/socket"}, 110) =
-1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
close(11)                               = 0
socket(PF_LOCAL, SOCK_STREAM|SOCK_CLOEXEC|SOCK_NONBLOCK, 0) = 11
connect(11, {sa_family=AF_LOCAL, sun_path="/var/run/nscd/socket"}, 110) =
-1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
close(11)                               = 0
open("/etc/nsswitch.conf", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 11
fstat(11, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=513, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 4096, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0) =
0x7f46a902c000
read(11, "# /etc/nsswitch.conf\n#\n# Example"..., 4096) = 513
brk(0x26dc000)                          = 0x26dc000
read(11, "", 4096)                      = 0
close(11)                               = 0
munmap(0x7f46a902c000, 4096)            = 0
open("/etc/ld.so.cache", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 11
fstat(11, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=130393, ...}) = 0
mmap(NULL, 130393, PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE, 11, 0) = 0x7f46a900d000
close(11)                               = 0
access("/etc/ld.so.nohwcap", F_OK)      = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
open("/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libnss_compat.so.2", O_RDONLY|O_CLOEXEC) = 11
read(11,
"\177ELF\2\1\1\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\3\0>\0\1\0\0\0\320\22\0\0\0\0\0\0"...,
832) = 832
fstat(11, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0644, st_size=31616, ...}) = 0
^C--- SIGINT {si_signo=SIGINT, si_code=SI_KERNEL} ---
+++ killed by SIGINT +++

Does anyone have any idea as to what may be going on?

  - Vin