Subject: Re: Prompt Redrawn When Resizing Or Deleting Panes In Tmux
From: Vincent Lefevre <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 12:28:48 +0200
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

[Note: I'm not a zsh developer.]

On 2016-05-20 02:36:54 +0100, [email-masked] wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is a bug, or because the way tmux works, zsh is 
> redrawing itself on the screen, therefore creating addition prompts.
> 
> Please see this bug report for all the things I've been running into with 
> tmux;
> 
> https://github.com/tmux/tmux/issues/405

When you close panes, other panes (windows) are resized, so that
a prompt redraw is expected. However, it's strange the new prompt
doesn't appear in place, but on the next line.

Do you get the same problem outside tmux when resizing the terminal?
If no, the problem seems to come from tmux.

Also try the same tests with:

  zsh -f
  RPS1=.

-- 
Vincent Lefèvre <[email-masked]> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <https://www.vinc17.net/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / AriC project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)