Subject: Setting magic-space in /etc/zshrc
From: Sebastian Gniazdowski <[email-masked]>
To: Zsh hackers list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 12:12:15 +0200
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

Hello,
let's have in /etc/zshrc:

bindkey ' ' magic-space
bindkey ' '

When shell startups, it shows: " " magic-space. When I issue "bindkey
' '", it shows self-insert. That's the point. However space apparently
is really bound to magic-space, despite it shows " " self-insert. I
had a widget that was overriding self-insert and it wasn't called on
space untill I've added bindkey ' ' self-insert to startup block.

Tested on Fedora 23 / zsh-5.1.1. It has space bound to magic-space by
default. I've tried doing so (via /etc/zshrc, like on Fedora) on OS X
and the problem reproduces. However, funny part is: not if I start the
shell again via zsh-5.2 -i (the same way iTerm2 starts it).

Best regards,
Sebastian Gniazdowski