Subject: Re: Regression: broken completion on modification time
From: Bart Schaefer <[email-masked]>
To: zsh-workers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2016 09:14:02 -0700
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

On Jun 14, 12:00am, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
}
} Bart wrote:
} > There was some controversy about this when it was added and discussion
} > of how to keep it from kicking in if menu selection was NOT enabled,
} > but I guess it never got fully resolved.
} 
} It should probably at least bail out if the complist module isn't loaded as
} per this patch. Or have you got any better ideas on what to check for?

You suggested:
> Looking for select in $_def_menu_style 

There's also the issue noted in workers/35770 (hopefully zsh.org is back
up) where the substitution of the descriptions for the actual values
(e.g. before/since for -/+) is confusing if the "format" style is not
set and the layout is poor when the "group-name" style is not set.