Subject: Re: Next release (5.3)
From: Peter Stephenson <[email-masked]>
To: Zsh Hackers' List <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 12:48:32 +0100
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

On Tue, 5 Jul 2016 09:33:21 +0100
Peter Stephenson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Jul 2016 08:04:24 -0700
> Bart Schaefer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > (1) Daniel's suggested change to :A [care to offer an opinion?]
> 
> I'd be vaguely inclined to make sure it does what the doc currently says
> and leave it at that.  But that's only because I've not worked out a
> case where I want anything different.  It's too difficult to come up
> with a categorical answer because it depends whether the user is used to
> CHASE_BLAH behaviour (I'm not suggesting option-specific behaviour,
> either).

Thinking out loud, don't take any notice...

It would be possible to add a different letter for this.  However, I
think you're still faced with asking what the user actually expects from
the paths they use, which comes back to the option settings.  So,
actually, option dependence, although apparently just giving you extra
ways of going wrong in a script or function, isn't necessarily *that*
stupid in practice.

pws