Subject: Re: Next release (5.3)
From: Daniel Shahaf <[email-masked]>
To: Zsh Hackers' List <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 02:00:21 +0000
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

Bart Schaefer wrote on Mon, Jul 04, 2016 at 08:04:24 -0700:
> On Jul 4, 11:40am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> }
> } It looks like there are a couple of things that need to settle down,
> 
> I know of (in no particular order):
> 
> (1) Daniel's suggested change to :A [care to offer an opinion?]

This needn't block the release, I'm perfectly happy to let it slide
to 5.4.

> (2) add-zle-hook-widget [I'd be fine with omitting that entirely]
> 

Well, I'd like to use it in z-sy-h.  (I'd like to use zle-line-pre-redraw
in z-sy-h, because that would solve multiple bugs; and I'd like to do so
through add-zle-hook-widget for interoperability with other plugins.)

How about including add-zle-hook-widget in 5.3, but without any indices
or before:/after: support, just the basic 'add-zle-hook-widget
$hook_name $widget_name' syntax?  (And have it just invoke the widgets
in the order they were registered)  That would be an improvement over
the 5.2 status quo, and we can add indices or --option arguments in 5.4.

Cheers,

Daniel