Subject: Re: tab completion color inversion
From: Bart Schaefer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2016 10:01:25 -0700
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

[>workers]

On Jul 7,  4:49pm, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
}
} The patch below resets the saved colour first but I'd actually be
} inclined to change the following macro to do the AND before the OR.
} 
} #define txtchangeset(T, X, Y)diff((void)(T && (*T |= (X), *T &= ~(Y))))
} 
} It might also then be logical to swap the X and Y arguments.

Reactions:

(1) Is this related to "End boldface also ends background color" thread
from back in March?

(2) As I said in that thread, I don't really follow the semantics of
the txtchangep pointer, but AND before OR seems sensible in the macro.

(3) Swapping the arguments would touch a lot of code and make it hard
to compare revisions, so the benefits ought to be carefully weighed.