Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] Re: [PATCH] _add-zle-hook-widget: New completion.
From: Bart Schaefer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 11:21:26 -0700
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

On Jul 22,  6:22am, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
}
} _default appears to be undocumented.

There was a decision made at some point (*very* long ago, while Sven
was still actively inventing the compltion system) that the yodl doc
should only describe commands and functions etc. that an ordinary user
might employ in startup files, and all other details that developers
would use to write new parts of the completion system would only be
documented where developers could see it, e.g., in code comments.

Hence for example the complete lack of explanation of comptags and
comptry, even though they are at least *mentioned* in the yodl.

Sadly this didsn't really take new developers into account, because
you'd have to know what you were looking for before you could find
any doc for it, and not everything was adequately commented either.
Leaving us with a bunch of stuff that ought to be documented and
nobody with time to backfill it.

I learned the term "technical debt" recently ...