Subject: Re: [bug] shwordsplit not working on $@ when $# > 1
From: Peter Stephenson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2016 09:40:13 +0100
List-Id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>

On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 18:21:24 -0700
Bart Schaefer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I *think* we can untangle this as follows, but then again I thought
> I had untangled in in workers/29313, too.  This relies on the idea
> that if we already have an array when nojoin, then we're not going
> to split it again, which seems dubious somehow if there is explicit
> use of the (s:-:) flag.

That was my first worry, looking at the change, but simple examples of
this still work, so I can't see an obvious case where this isn't better
than before.

> Existing tests still pass, but then they always did, this needs a
> new one.  Holding off until we think of other edge cases.

I suppose adding tests is key to this.  There are already a number
involving (s...), however.  Perhaps we need some more with both joining
and splitting on various types of object (and then work out what the
result actually should be...)

pws