Re: Printf builtin missing v flag support

On Jan 1,  6:45pm, Stephane Chazelas wrote:
}
} ksh93 tries to only fork to execute external commands. For
} builtins when used in command substitutions, ksh93 just adds
} their output to the substituted value

If we identified early enough that the command was to be a builtin
(which I'm not sure we do) then the HAVE_OPEN_MEMSTREAM code from
bin_print() could be copied to somewhere in the getoutput() +
readoutput() flow.

Would probably require some other finagling in case we rely on the
fork for preservation of state.