Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
yank-pop broken in current dev zsh?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 37566
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: yank-pop broken in current dev zsh?
- Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 21:11:25 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:to:subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=G4Y0qzgr7VPqaneo//ZjE/LlILANMijlg9PJ9YaNx3U=; b=g0s2RXL/LLGzcNopQY+F5vytwzg/OKnsrCfsd7QYseVMPWWlvUVTAL9tY9TIGVq61y RHBZChtrnB6GXgRE4DLww6Yhvx71THJLBX28j8S8j4Xjo3S3fzK9noB6BHu07KZp2nFM S7NZqzJdSh2go8TLplehaMCOc1PYULGp6yACGX1sUnTn3A/6MGquJcUanclirFM/hDLC EhzLm5S8v00UrnrEUiVgRu3dQVrogJgh7B7uTsKzdtx1zAPJxsLRBl7c31nzU49RLJmU FmF47hfQCdC86b+G1bgKLAqaUpg6d1dC/Hi/3XC+Bim+BlE4KhhP2e4V6sjlobZgLD/D V6yw==
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
zsh-5.2-67-g424b417 (haven't checked older ones, but I don't know of any
very recent changes that would affect this):
If I start (zsh -f, emacs bindings) with
% echo one two three
and I execute ESC backspace ctl-space ESC backspace, I have
% echo one
(with trailing space) and the kill ring contains "two " and "three". If
I now execute ctl-y ESC y (yank "two " then yank-pop to get "three"), I
end up with
% echo one three
with "thre" highlighted and the cursor on the final "e". The cursor should
be after the entire word "three", should it not? The whole "three" is then
removed/replaced on a subsequent yank-pop, but the highlighting and cursor
may be off by one on the next (and all following until I cycle all the way
back to "
two ") replacement as well.
I at first thought this was related to setting the mark, but that isn't it.
It also doesn't seem to be related to yank-popping a shorter word after a
longer one. It doesn't always happen, though it is repeatable via the
I suppose this might be related to the CURSOR increment I mentioned needing
following select-in-shell-word in a widget.
Messages sorted by: