Re: Implementing search / reverse search in vi mode on input

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 12:26 AM, Krzysztof Słonka
<krzysztofslonka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I know that by using ctrl ] + / you can search through history, but I would
> like to implement searching inside command input (the same way you can
> search in vim, / for forward search and ? for backward).

Could you explain in more detail what you mean by "command input"?
And exactly when do you want to search it, relative to the execution
of the command?

I suspect you believe the shell is involved in a part of the process
where it really is not, but I can't be sure.