Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: IMO zle-line-pre-redraw is called much too often
- X-seq: zsh-workers 37881
- From: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: IMO zle-line-pre-redraw is called much too often
- Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 16:51:07 +0100
- Cc: zsh workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; bh=mRCz/Q3YuChUgGrzA7EWDKwPmNLnpdc6M1xfME2NJes=; b=VJUN7kb2JAjlTQDsKC/jZQDtZDNdiriCFFCzuqxIp10lh0toYFjHDQpNDUx6U7kH1q SRDod2Tb0H8Et13JeA5bPmOaR+ZJQA49+/OhCc2en3JlRiM01ECsooJomrUb2xaoN2jJ 0gqnYwxvmVCPM7JYbGYXZFIv5dVRYF8GkokvtI4PuCvL/S1SM19ZSwwU4PrcFfnyXm5e l3HbByjVLy1/2T7MC+dkIkGZ1jmF6WECTlZ5ukW9hSIYBHYSD/mIecr+FLHyjIgiiDvn sTIJ0u73eomgwpOMW1NAcCB8lbQaahhUhCs3UKKhGr+A5OLzLnBBmA6DFyNAVazz1Uyv mOHg==
- In-reply-to: <160204074103.ZM25984@torch.brasslantern.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <160204074103.ZM25984@torch.brasslantern.com>
On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 4:41 PM, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was a little skeptical of this when it was added, but having just tried
> a couple of experiments with it I'm unhappy with the implementation. It
> is called at every self-insert, for example.
> There has to be a more reasonable compromise.
Do you propose the code should diff the old and the new input + cursor
position to find out if it's different, and only call it in that case?
Because that doesn't sound like any fun to me. It also seems highly
unlikely to me that a self-insert does _not_ result in a new output,
so when would the hook ever not be called in this case?
Messages sorted by: