Re: [bug?] Invalid file descriptor ignored

On Feb 29,  9:39am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: [bug?] Invalid file descriptor ignored
}
} On Mon, 29 Feb 2016 07:44:52 +0100
} Martijn Dekker <martijn@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > There is some strange and inconsistent behaviour when trying to write to
} > a non-open file descriptor.
}
} Yes, I noticed not so long ago that some cases got changed so any error
} was deliberately ignored.  Bart pointed out an ancient message on the
} mailing list about this.  I can't remember what that discussion was
} about now, though...

Most recently it was in the [refactor memstream for "print -v"] thread at
the beginning of January.