Re: segfault in completion for configure

On Mar 11,  2:32pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 14:47:29 +0100
} Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
} > With zsh 5.2 under Debian/unstable, zsh sometimes crashes when
} > I do:
} >
} > cventin:~/software/mutt/mutt> ./configure --[TAB]
}
} Looks like something's already gone wrong by this point

Yes, this is the kind of crash where the stack trace is probably not
very helpful, because frames have returned and/or new frames entered
an unknown number of times after the pointers went awry but before
the bad dereference that trips the fault.

Shot in the [mostly] dark:  I see TRAPCHLD embedded in one of the strings
in your backtrace.  Completion after "configure --" forks at least one
child process (says valgrind) so if you have a TRAPCHLD function it's
possible that it's corrupting something.  We do attempt signal handling
during pattern matching in order that deep recursive globs can be stopped
with SIGINT; it could be that needs a bit more regulation.