Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: PATCH: Add SHORT_KEYBIND_DISCARD option
- X-seq: zsh-workers 38245
- From: Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Add SHORT_KEYBIND_DISCARD option
- Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 16:33:27 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s2048; t=1459953208; bh=pvkIqMWEyHA3QiULAIWfiWQ8azJXTxKw56iP4Z/SktQ=; h=In-reply-to:From:References:To:Subject:Date:From:Subject; b=Woit85DpQ9CZB3IJrdrPmPFAjuQFT/b8HldttG+I8cWrwrKaG+jwXMmQrGgMGUN+5JKAr5M9V9eahmAe2H0LvOOM8ZXMyKJpHXvNcUGLmN9Li/d4vIVSrvK/n2O2I/xvxx9bqks5WdpCHs6Fdrhlra/5YEkbZGbOjJVudJQYYvXc7wJg5b72FTOK3JiF5HNWxm8HREPzYA2MiJo1A/Ty50UftTXI/YjZSNJK9zQxGWuyJFTuCy30eqskkdzIbEeOUeLn544ABjKh4aQQe3yvXH2LqdO5udyT27xVbjYX/WlZUyLiQwREd98v6pUH1PmlbepEmBenDrIOpkxKjstYLA==
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <email@example.com>
On 3 Apr, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> Not sure how popular this option would be, but I'm fine with keeping
> it local too. Basically when we encounter an undefined key, instead
> of discarding the entire common prefix, we discard only one byte and
> try again. In most particular, it means if you happen to press escape
> or ctrl-x before pasting, we still properly detect the bracketed-paste
> starting code.
As a local fix, wouldn't simply binding the start code with each prefix
serve your purposes?
Didn't we discuss this issue a few months ago - have you perhaps got a
message reference? I haven't had the impression that it is bothering a
lot of people. And even without bracketed-paste, a prefix followed by a
paste is likely to have had undesirable results.
ZLE-specific stuff should ideally not leak into the base shell options.
Or we're you actually hoping to stimulate thoughts on other solutions:
perhaps a callback could be added like zle-keymap-select so you could
change the cursor shape or prompt after a prefix.
Messages sorted by: