Re: PATCH: short-circuiting glob exclusion operator

On Sat, 09 Apr 2016 22:40:42 -0700
> On Apr 9,  8:51pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> I think Mikael is asking about specifying both conditions in the *same*
> glob pattern, i.e. **/*~*/foo~*/bar(Y-) such that bar directories are
> short-circuited whereas only paths ending in foo are excluded, but any
> files below a directory foo remain.  Your doc and the comments about
> treating multiple ~ as if they were | seem to imply that both foo and
> bar would be short-circuited in this example.
>
> Of course one can still write **/*~*/foo~*/bar/* without (Y-).

Right, you have to pick one or the other meaning.

If this becomes important we could force (#e) only to match on
a complete match, which is sort of what it's for.  But I wouldn't
expect this to be a real problem.

pws