Re: Weird issue with pipeviewer and multiple pipes

On Tue, 03 May 2016 20:56:14 -0700
> On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 6:15 PM, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > [2]  + 11459 done                    echo 1 |
> >        11461 suspended (tty output)  pv -l -s $(echo 1) |
> >        11462 interrupt               cat
>
> Something weird is definitely going on with pv, because it's receiving
> a TTOU signal even when the terminal stty setting is supposed to
> suppress that.

It's working with the latest zsh [which I just *happened* to have to
hand] and the pv supplied with Fedora 12, too.

pv 1.1.4 - Copyright(C) 2008 Andrew Wood <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxx>

Maybe zsh isn't the only utility to succumb to too-clever-by-half
syndrome.

pws