Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
leading '=' in enviroment variable truncated
- X-seq: zsh-workers 38417
- From: Jacob Lowe <jacoblowe2.0@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: leading '=' in enviroment variable truncated
- Date: Sat, 07 May 2016 16:21:22 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=G0nlRIGOEKXs+OBoZVYm5VFA1UwqQ8UTU+Pcj0Wiv1A=; b=RvW05sY7B4YveFaN7R10VT/BzQw9qwVFaM7/fnxWIYSuvrkIzv8UuV20MuRmAGzxd4 KPC1lyRn0uNA62icE4VFa+bbVG2VdC1xUOQLsgjd8LbLNNlQKTRETKKdrWZbIemCquNZ aHn5/PcvWpTe16gx8nKSWl9yH7N+pX0VklyhHrv5xQh0GBiRF4jD/jTumNOOoVBKM1H0 orZfwZ9f/4IRc0H9bew5sEcEMoez6VscYQbibsBYzCGsxnZ+FWFCDsVxJmxrMeUH8L4u h2VRni8KzzoqUNWLMgCnisuUNTyj7GM/Sjkk5LoW3KK4fReS7WauJInjcynD0kkpbkgN vrIA==
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
First off thanks for making/maintaining ZSH. Its a awesome project, and has
been my default shell for 3 plus years.
I recently ran into a unique thing that ZSH does that cause a bug that was
filed on a project I help maintain.
for the node program to use. I noticed the module was parsing the the env
ok and the bug only occurred while preloading the script. I tried to load
in the env via the command line straight into the node program as well.
TEST='=FOO' node -e 'console.log(process.env.TEST)'
This spits out "FOO" with no leading "=".
So I filed and issue on nodejs repo thinking this had to do with the way it
was handling the environment variables.
>From the feedback in the ticket, it seems this is happening in ZSH only and
when logging into bash the command works as expected. I also tried
something very similar in ruby and got the same result.
TEST='=test' ruby -e 'puts ENV["TEST"]'
This also spits out "FOO" with no leading "=".
Is this intended behavior? and thanks again.
Messages sorted by: