Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: How can Zle -U interfere with zsh-syntax-highlighting?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 38497
- From: Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: How can Zle -U interfere with zsh-syntax-highlighting?
- Date: Sun, 15 May 2016 17:24:00 +0200
- Cc: Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc; bh=v+Kx70P6rN/mxO2NxF8GZ3xiIWgjyFaMFvasE+O0rtg=; b=NMXtPBOZegzqcgzCbO0tiFKpwcHxQufGzcMyA8WlIwvcYO8ZDYGQBNdvR/5cLTAXXT XBTPs56btZ8YydfFxkeAfPkUO1lnfIzKRTJVHgIXaocFIl/Dsmtsxk/bYZPQz6OAuM1e 9VajJ0/L6VPCmH7/n0Yj+mBP0MxcwbuK5ZNyztPZzHX7s9xu2VUUZTXkSBQjWkyEbAtj sOr0k5IzTONJpsJ7UaE8cuXmAjp4xdtewUQ298HeIMswoYlNZR+f6kif6Ioq+Y46xiT+ xOwrzeYRYqLSF1AEoT4yl3c4pnoJL46ZOnFF7cC0Ithu1zc47l8MMa+vtDnzuVmXuALM U1oA==
- In-reply-to: <CAH+w=7b7g-g7JmFvrgR4ezWz7CrVZnXVrV+u9iOitX0H0y_pVQ@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAKc7PVCZhyjPqzgPSrKOUs=+Qp5m_yELs2uEAwuCQYZXDKkxUg@mail.gmail.com> <CAH+w=7b7g-g7JmFvrgR4ezWz7CrVZnXVrV+u9iOitX0H0y_pVQ@mail.gmail.com>
On 15 May 2016 at 13:13, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Is there some alternative to Zle -U?
> Other than just LBUFFER+="long text here", no. If you want the other
> effects of zle -U (i.e., that each character is interpreted as if it
> had been typed) then there is no alternative.
Forgot about LBUFFER, thanks! I have two tools, and it is interesting
that in one (n-history) doing LBUFFER+="$var_with_long_text" causes
highlighting to correctly work (and also solves the lag issue) whie in
other tool (n-kill) it doesn't trigger highlighting. I made the two
responsible code blocks identical (I do zle redisplay and zle
kill-buffer before zle -U / LBUFFER+=), even hardcoded the text:
and it still behaves this way. Both tools use emulate -L zsh, also
tried emulate -LR zsh. Luckily, I need LBUFFER+= only in the one tool
Messages sorted by: