Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [PATCH 2/3] Fix the ':A' word modifier on paths with '..' components.
- X-seq: zsh-workers 38666
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/3] Fix the ':A' word modifier on paths with '..' components.
- Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 09:49:16 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:in-reply-to:comments:references:to:subject :mime-version; bh=XCLdvFRMMiRbs+Q1NGthr6WhsEHxk01rZcLB4v1ozMU=; b=rIR2jK/sACCRPoZGyBuJI6IYG56uNo+AsghnXQyVL5unQsL/m+ZQl8m55myAEsEq5Q EgaRaxZ8nLyqUkO7WimvlMuFLNvYDVDtw4sG7x/lSck76f/gYEWfEfKwhCzLAFiNA5GS Ugu9mS6x86RIUWthWyFDO4fDPx3muYcA4jygbotTYiS8Asr3KMVq7VCAJ/ODzZpSlxLD 5ks5hvBinxugCtaP5v8QPuG8gR40uYStP1LWkB15LbeGlo7eZXaBAf77kR+0Wx3zbJ+f XbPdou/xOYq7Xr6QEYJlvhS2wITu04RhJVLvnh1AMUu+9B8dtL1oWem0+vzFkDnwgYey lR0Q==
- In-reply-to: <20160612142843.GD10072@tarsus.local2>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CAHYJk3RGbXMQacRTCfK2PFnN10rfX46dcy_LPi6P9E5b29hiAA@mail.gmail.com> <160610124623.ZM9598@torch.brasslantern.com> <20160612142843.GD10072@tarsus.local2>
On Jun 12, 2:28pm, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
} So, how about:
} - :a remains as it is today
} - :A when CHASE_DOTS set: same as :A today (resolves '..' first and
} symlinks second)
} - :A when CHASE_DOTS unset: as in the patch: equivalent to realpath(3)
} except that non-existing trailing path components are permitted
} Would that address everyone's concerns?
I believe it would resolve most of mine. :A is a relatively new feature
so it would be understandable for it to evolve a bit. However, it is in
use in a few places already (e.g., expand-absolute-path, VCS_INFO_quilt,
zsh-mime-handler). I don't think any of those uses would be compromised
by this change, but if anyone wants to do a more thorough search for use
cases, don't be shy.
} Note this doesn't use CHASE_LINKS at all, neither in :A nor in :a.
Makes sense; :a plus CHASE_LINKS would be :A.
Messages sorted by: