Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [PATCH v2 2/3] Fix the ':A' word modifier on paths with '..' components.
- X-seq: zsh-workers 38761
- From: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/3] Fix the ':A' word modifier on paths with '..' components.
- Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 18:47:58 +0200
- Cc: zsh workers <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc; bh=PiP58OlI5tW/KCPZjc9cprsW0ZZkzTd54tvrj4LQ0S8=; b=PPhcbvlVyDTB94poTe9MZHYZg2TQP+Aky7C8whVomOjDxnRRP+jeBOwtBLUZkZYOag rLahx3Tkt/N3jrTkm9qG+7uL3xVgStfp9izLyYHFN0LnLUavciR87eawsf8MKoqd5yhf s0throMUAcUawpwYTVAeq9BGcJ3pzyUIH9nbFaaPjmeOMUFwX33IoiLxqYyKR3ybeRVn t6uR1RcSOO4mx3J4AximnGSXV2HJMnXv2KRkTeIeUejMMibMWhrorckEtFMdpkZNagNc O8Ck2Dhi6jsrtVWT6AX34Yh9Giu0nTsuTpd3csOrSoHvYQ4Zmcqyn+6w+hmYdQsIPgKf ODVw==
- In-reply-to: <20160625162807.GA9840@tarsus.local2>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20160613085218.GA9572@tarsus.local2> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CAHYJk3QPM+wKmzoT5jhPD90e=kYpdT0Yf2hNXcZd9woUSov+Mg@mail.gmail.com> <20160625162807.GA9840@tarsus.local2>
On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 6:28 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mikael Magnusson wrote on Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 05:08:16 +0200:
>> On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 3:53 AM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > The fix is to stop calling chabspath() at the top of chrealpath().
>> > Preserve the old behaviour when CHASE_DOTS is set.
>> I think this is backwards, cd symlink/.. gets you to the current dir
>> if chasedots is unset, and to wherever symlink points' parent
>> directory when it is set.
> However, I don't want to just flip the condition (change "if isset()" to
> "if unset()") since I think the new behaviour (resolving symlinks before
> '..' components) should be the default for :A.
> So how about adding a new option and having chrealpath() use the new
> behaviour if the new option is at its default value, and the old
> (':a'-ish) behaviour otherwise?
That sounds pretty pointless, you would still break existing scripts,
and make everyone have to versioncheck to see if they have to enable
an option or not.
Messages sorted by: