Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [PATCH] add-zle-hook-widget zle-line-pre-redraw issue
- X-seq: zsh-workers 38933
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] add-zle-hook-widget zle-line-pre-redraw issue
- Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 18:14:45 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:in-reply-to:comments:references:to:subject :mime-version; bh=tEYPltQ0whN3+KMyJoirLJ15ycnN4JL1IuXqkUNwC9c=; b=Z7FZ8SOQCAj+X1ZoD8OnWFsdsM7x52CSxqjp1I5uVkOAr5IwrZEdzhUy2TLvNyvTkn ocHmb4cbb9dssM+RHbjgctOmzjk7peblC56FaC8MELVHNxRkWb4/z3D1XVqEHEtq6MkS G/fZIwuMyT3VreSQxQ8/QQOGGv2/D6qvbDgDp8rPn+hEeS4/20r2NqJTUxsu5lBuUwfa 07EwSPRx/znTCLBZ+NaU4H9jozOrBV0KH2+6SgESyF1rIxjiEG4N9bvWmJCdpk9Npydi oTaoMDNGJtB3fbc9PAEOFJ+SMhDXI9JvWa6fu1rPMGl8m1Zy0uLD3Qy6vwhqYCrziTH6 FptQ==
- In-reply-to: <20160723212335.GA20872@tarsus.local2>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20160723212335.GA20872@tarsus.local2>
On Jul 23, 9:23pm, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
} The reason appears to be that, while in azhw:zle-line-init $WIDGET is
} "zle-line-init", in azhw:zle-line-pre-redraw $WIDGET is the name of the
} widget the user invoked (e.g., "self-insert"), so the 'zstyle -a' does
} not find the registered hooks.
If zsh-syntax-highlighting doesn't depend on that behavior, it's probably
unlikely that anything else does.
However, Mikael will have to weigh in on whether he chose do to this
} Each of the following alternative patches solves the issue:
The "second option" obviously isn't finished / leaves a lot of dead
code behind. However, I think the first option is the correct one,
unless there's a good reason to leave $WIDGET alone; the context
that's being saved/restored by redrawhook() is important, because
we're in the middle of an arbitrary other widget
This is actually related to what I was saying about it not being
appropriate to stick a list of callbacks on any widget.
We can easily special-case add-zle-hook-widget to find the name another
way for this particular hook. $funcstack for example.
Incidentally, I tried making ALL the possible hooks be
zle -M "$WIDGET $funcstack"
and learned two things. (1) pre-redraw is in fact the only hook that
doesn't change $WIDGET, and (2) having all the hooks call "zle -M"
garbles the output quite thoroughly, especially in vi mode.
Messages sorted by: