Re: buggy configure completion - when both --enable-foo and --disable-foo are listed

On Aug 31, 10:27pm, m0viefreak wrote:
}
} On 31.08.2016 05:00, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
} > I think that's the best we can do without writing new C code to suport
} > multiline descriptions.
}
} This has been working well for me:
}
} zstyle ':completion:*:configure:*:options' command $'print -r -- "${$(COLUMNS=9999 ${~words[1]} --help)//\n        #/ }"'

If that works, then we ought to be able to rewrite the loop starting
at about line 91 of _arguments.  But that loop already seems to be
looking for lines with leading spaces, whereas if I'm reading your
pattern correctly you're unfolding lines with more than six leading
spaces to make them part of the previous line?

I have to update that to look for more than eight spaces for it to work
right for zsh's ./configure and even then it mysteriously fails to pick
out defaults [/usr/local] and [PREFIX] for --prefix and --exec-prefix
respectively, though it gets it right for --datarootdir et al.