Re: Adding (compiling) a module to already build Zsh

On Sep 12,  8:12am, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
}
} on IRC someone asked how to "add gdbm". I wonder if the module can be
} easily added to already installed Zsh, if it's not already bundled?

It should be possible to do this provided that
(a) the zsh source matching the installed binary is available to
compile against and
(b) the installed binary was compiled with dynamic linkage enabled.

What won't work is any automatic autoloads of the builtins etc. from
any module added later.  I can't think of a reason explicit "zmodload"
wouldn't work, though, assuming the .so file was in a $module_path
directory.