Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: Bug: cd auto-completion of .. fails with parentheses in directory name
- X-seq: zsh-workers 39416
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Bug: cd auto-completion of .. fails with parentheses in directory name
- Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 10:30:42 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:in-reply-to:comments:references:to:subject :mime-version; bh=fl05Tq8QIA5oE/XCUL1ew4oYQysn1qmJs12aH+BhUHE=; b=F74PbzUoVJvv652+d3JPChBlwlyhK3PdMa6prqQF2FMUm306tC1NtyTCI8+yMVhDlV PxwInOOays20nta7tJx+f52kIXdHXpwjQryhgjIdQu1FUd8zmWTAEjjPvDdVZ4+63ulb hfCEvAkJYCFo2Hd+705jnBcPwPTs/gUZjqTjXd5/9+JV5ZRKf+JXx5R57HOO4Ss23ILU 1CZzODBNNpUYzZ1QeOjypWi9D8IH8WF8Is21O8Nj2UTooaJ188sNzVwjNNsCKHbGPWGg TU6MLklMqi18WKu0KXQYmsJAWJLEzaySM0dJCcsVLnGyOZtLpQK1GqDwYJa9eGwq4O2G IHog==
- In-reply-to: <20160922144250.GA11076@fujitsu.shahaf.local2>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAPnWG_TR7DC7h36m-jp6PnuY=M4ViwwWNMtaT9aU4wawygzoBg@mail.gmail.com> <20160922144250.GA11076@fujitsu.shahaf.local2>
On Sep 22, 2:42pm, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
} 1) Is the lifetime correct? I'm not sure whether elemnts of 'l' should
} be malloc()ed or heap allocated.
I think you have this correct -- completion is designed to put nearly
all of its data in a private zsh heap that is discarded all at once
when control returns to the line editor. Only specific bits that persist
across calls go into directly-malloc'd memory.
} 2) Should quoting be added in bin_compfiles() or at a later point during
} cf_pats()? Although the docstring of cfp_test_exact() says the elements
} of 'l' are filenames, they are then passed to ztat() which ignores
} backslashes, so it's not clear to me what quoting is expected where.
I think you have this in the right place, too, but I would be glad to
have someone else confirm. Or we can just put it in and see if any
other examples break.
Messages sorted by: