Upcoming zle-line-pre-redraw hook – can it be saved and restored?

Hello
There is the zle-line-pre-redraw hook upcoming that will be used by
zsh-syntax-highlighting. I wonder if it will be possible to save,
disable and then restore the hook?

The point is, I want to have clear environment in recursive-edit. It's
now fully possible, defining own keymap, restoring original widgets to
specific keys, overloading self-insert with .self-insert, calling
recursive-edit with `-K ownkeymap`. This way interference from the two
popular code-injecting plugins – zsh-autosuggestions and
zsh-syntax-highlighting – can be inhibited.

With zle-line-pre-redraw, one will have to also save the hook, disable
it, then restore it after leaving recursive-edit. Will this be
possible?

PS. This can also be needed for vared. Currently z-sy-h tries to
colorify what user enters, what has rather bad effects, as things are
basically drawn in red.

--
  Sebastian Gniazdowski
  psprint@xxxxxxxxxxxx