Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Upcoming zle-line-pre-redraw hook – can it be saved and restored?
- X-seq: zsh-workers 39746
- From: Sebastian Gniazdowski <psprint@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Upcoming zle-line-pre-redraw hook – can it be saved and restored?
- Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 01:18:58 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=fastmail.com; h= content-transfer-encoding:content-type:date:from:message-id :mime-version:subject:to:x-me-sender:x-me-sender:x-sasl-enc :x-sasl-enc; s=mesmtp; bh=i90V+14sHOK1A/+NiGdu6T3UfGc=; b=jjn+TA AEsql66K0O6FSEf2qrzrrj+RX945FUBzxLzJY02FddjN6aFzTvu0caI162PhFs+1 KUBiNGeUoCHjA/xZal9Aiid1VUiYKUMXVlCsjZ99C1NtHf0qmhbcwm98UZ4MNy4M cr/1adr68p8fj+bVKvZWqa3wc+GxB7OTsvkHE=
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d= messagingengine.com; h=content-transfer-encoding:content-type :date:from:message-id:mime-version:subject:to:x-me-sender :x-me-sender:x-sasl-enc:x-sasl-enc; s=smtpout; bh=i90V+14sHOK1A/ +NiGdu6T3UfGc=; b=laFiKDx+GO8Sfhv4JcNMhR4acB9RjkW1nFuzyGtAsnqcEJ q8tvHB6SmnfU8pcQnaj8rsHLwiMq0oukdu1I7q07z92Vm+eWCWVPA7a3p5mi8IUk XJn7IrvyxV7VlP6ijMSyuF3qxQAXKKaCKk9+UQUBiUsLuaUg7cqN/RNp7qHqA=
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
There is the zle-line-pre-redraw hook upcoming that will be used by
zsh-syntax-highlighting. I wonder if it will be possible to save,
disable and then restore the hook?
The point is, I want to have clear environment in recursive-edit. It's
now fully possible, defining own keymap, restoring original widgets to
specific keys, overloading self-insert with .self-insert, calling
recursive-edit with `-K ownkeymap`. This way interference from the two
popular code-injecting plugins – zsh-autosuggestions and
zsh-syntax-highlighting – can be inhibited.
With zle-line-pre-redraw, one will have to also save the hook, disable
it, then restore it after leaving recursive-edit. Will this be
PS. This can also be needed for vared. Currently z-sy-h tries to
colorify what user enters, what has rather bad effects, as things are
basically drawn in red.
Messages sorted by: