Re: Bad effect of error in zle-line-pre-redraw

On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 7:55 PM, Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Nov 13,  3:45pm, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> }
> } IIRC, and looking at the code, it needed to save more stuff around
> } calling the hook function. I think when I wrote the code,
> } zlecallhook() didn't exist, and the similar places I borrowed the code
> } from didn't have the errflag resetting. It does seem pretty likely
> } that restoring the errflag won't hurt.
>
> Well, zlecallhook() has been around since 2010 and git says that
> redrawhook() was 2015 ... but, no matter; how about:

Right, but it started life in my personal git tree earlier in 2010
than zlecallhook() :)

The patch looks fine to me, I wish I had added some comments about why
the additonal restores were needed... They kinda grew over the years
until it actually worked reasonably well.

--
Mikael Magnusson