Re: Possible huge setarrvalue optimization

On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 09:41:48 -0800
> This and the proposed getstr optimization both make me nervous.  I know
> Sebastian is anxious to have them appear in the next release, but it feels
> and if we should have more time using them in dev branches.

I pushed the string setting change with my tweak since it looked like it
ought to cover all possible cases sensibly.

Given what Sebastian says, we probably ought to suspend optimisations at
this point for now.

I intend to release 5.3 before Christmas come hell or high water, well,
unless it's very high, since there's plenty to get out.

pws