Re: Weird tab complete problem with long directory names with a dash and unicode characters

On Sat, 31 Dec 2016 21:44:28 +0100
Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you do
> mkdir -p るるるるるるるるるるるるるるるるるるるるるるるるる-/foo
> and then attempt to complete foo from the current location, it doesn't
> work with compinit loaded.

Got somewhere with this: adding a bogus assignment of tmp1 back to
itself inside _path_files (first of the two lines below), I get

       +_path_files:467> tmp1=( 'xるるるるるるるるるるるるる-/*' )
       +_path_files:468> tmp1=( )

The string in the first line seems to be correct, unless I'm
not seeing / copying everything that's there.

The next line is an expansion using $~tmp1 that should just glob.  So
it's going wrong there --- command line tests seem to confirm this.

pws