Re: vcs_info: '%' in payloads not escaped

Hey Daniel!

Daniel Shahaf wrote:
[...]
> How about the following?
>          else
>              git_applied_s=""
>          fi
> +        git_applied_s=${git_applied_s//'%'/%%}
>      else
[...]
>          git_patches_unapplied=${#git_patches_unapplied}
> +        git_patches_unapplied=${git_patches_unapplied//'%'/%%}
>      else

I honestly don't know. Isn't this like kind-of-predictable behavior
versus a — potentially — a lot of special cases? I don't think that it's
possible to get this right in the general case. It's in-band data that
is indistinguishable from data that is interpreted by something that
interprets zsh's prompt language.

Regards, Frank
                                                  -- RFC 1925