Re: 'zle redisplay' bug in 5.3?

On Sat, 7 Jan 2017 10:05:05 -0800
> Something is repeating the "move up nlnct lines" action twice.  This is
> similar to the description in the thread from 38048.

I can see two bits in zrefresh() that look like they have to
do with this

One is to do with listshown, rather than showinglist, that triggers what
I take to be the key bit of the refresh code, together with clearlist.
The interaction between showinglist and listshown appears to be utterly
opaque.

The other uses showinglist and then calls listmatches().  Furthermore,
it then calls zrefresh() recursively.  I modified that in 36416, commit
32f5d3d8, only to get called if there was no error, but the recursive
call has always been there.  This might have something to do with
it, particularly now errflag signals both error and interrupt.  Could
propagation of ERRFLAG_INT or the lack of it or the fact that it affects
the code that calls zrefresh() recursively have something to do with
the interrupt problem that caused the changed to redisplaying?

pws