Re: UTF-8 locales on BSDs do not support collation correctly

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 19:59:21 -0800
> This thread sort of got hijacked by the utmpx issue, so we never got
> to a resolution on the collation question that started it.  Is this
> just an issue with the test or is there a real problem here?

I'm not an expert on this area but I'd be 99% sure it's something funny
about the collation sequence, not the shell: we've seen such things
before and they do appear to be gratuitously different (well, to be
fair, in roughly the sense that Polish is "gratuitously different" from
French Canadian).  We're going to have to be even more careful picking
them, I suppose.

pws