Re: Feature request (#b)...(...)<not empty>

On Sat, Feb 25, 2017, at 07:13 AM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> However, I have no opinion as to whether that should be added: I don't
> know how much effort would be involved, and for the given example there
> are alternative solutions that require no syntax changes.

I have format codes: bold, fg color, bg color. Accept any combination
preserving order. 20 colors in total. I currently do:

[range spanning all codes]([fg range]|)([bg range]|)

This way first position cannot be null and things work. However, this
will accept fgfg fgfgbg bgfg bgfgbg. But works and is fast. How would
you do it?

I think your neutral comment tends to hide fact how powerful (#n) and
(#z) would be, but I might not convey this message anyway.

--
  Sebastian Gniazdowski
  psprint2@xxxxxxxxxxxx