Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [PATCH] Include number of chars in zle unget mechanism in $PENDING calculation
- X-seq: zsh-workers 40701
- From: Eric Freese <ericdfreese@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Include number of chars in zle unget mechanism in $PENDING calculation
- Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 20:51:32 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=VCGmGU0g3Ys0SBGBCrLeLuTPB0aKuNyGFU/3xDtfPd4=; b=Lm88o2IGD/NU2mYxGb3Vahfp8EkS8KSNoCerFt+agyJvcsXP+XUdLxwJg56TV5A8XC OCQ1GggvaSHlEOX7tYK4rqS+79fuihuzrHDWwRaFhIziINTXXnHZ5gqiJiblWfwRwqX4 pCxZtIFDcsOPkHxNPvWOnV4nisO7eRRomeYt59T2ZAArRQWdUSBjvah3klz++stNnpp4 zojW0PC9fL3RWeWE8pa4WV5NdWXF7TbY9RJ6fpoCbpyTNQl+r4dqHSAm9oIl5SEdsRPB OOhxhUOtOYI8vGudPnIBT6lbimCbvgQk+AM7N4LUYtMQFLyyeMVtuOftzpxUMQ1LUGgr Rw2Q==
- In-reply-to: <170228185233.ZM9032@torch.brasslantern.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <email@example.com> <170228185233.ZM9032@torch.brasslantern.com>
Ok. How about a separate parameter that just returns kungetct?
My use case is disabling zsh-autosuggestions (https://github.com/zsh-
users/zsh-autosuggestions) while bracketed-paste-magic and other
widgets using zle -U are running. Ideally, I could just avoid fetching
a suggestion until $PENDING and this new param are zero.
On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 7:52 PM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Yeah, this was discussed (with identical patch) back in May 2016 in
> workers/38522. It turned out not to have the desired effect so we
> didn't do anything with it.
> The question is whether it's useful to be able to tell that TTY read
> will not block, separately from whether ZLE has available input.
> There are cases where one might be invoking a tty read in the middle
> of a widget, before any of the "zle -U" pushback would be consumed.
> We'd also have to change the doc that says "where the shell is not able
> to get this information, this parameter will always have a value of zero."
Messages sorted by: