Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [PATCH] zrealloc on array+=( )
- X-seq: zsh-workers 40723
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] zrealloc on array+=( )
- Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 09:22:26 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:in-reply-to:comments:references:to:subject :mime-version; bh=HDENHmEC66hy59izlJSMRpbr/QrmyvSmeEka2mrqTKE=; b=AOE6D3OQAvpwODBBlDlTbXAy8u9eTdnSG+j5GMEafZYQuZvF6oh2su5c8s4sOk8G45 Hk0fRE7E0L5SouJbvIwpXPzX8VH89Fu8Amj+J5BtLOb2khJEWpxPRSdYYp/k1zscD5ar AJVGXZvqhTQrbsspYHhcBXTl82Ze5iVtk3aK7va7kcGHKzJMK80JBstHpNUgMC+/VRF5 JH7O0qMC2bI+CS0DBretxtGu7DJOTXazldFkFOE4WJkDRXnJwS4J/kUE74daSzj9peTM iePf/IzfEP1FcFqvJ+SLh1sgC+YF5zFTe0M48yFdJjicToqfudBynqY3ZJfEn9kfj24S nJwg==
- In-reply-to: <1488635259.1730344.900251328.5D6F1325@webmail.messagingengine.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <1488635259.1730344.900251328.5D6F1325@webmail.messagingengine.com>
On Mar 4, 5:47am, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
} I revisited the patch, tested with debug prints, added test cases that
} stress things out. No code changes.
For the record, this looks fine, I don't see any reason not to pick
} We can leverage the fact that operating system has size of the array
} and can extend it, and this way beat Bash.
IIRC bash implements arrays sparsely as linked lists, so is going to
differ entirely from zsh in memory-use/execution-speed profile for
various array operations. "Beating" bash on some specific usage is
not especially meaningful.
} Of course, the real deal here is to be able to do
} data processing, e.g. log gathering, etc.
Which is not really what shells are intended to be used for ...
Messages sorted by: