Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [BUG] SIGSEGV under certain circumstances
- X-seq: zsh-workers 40770
- From: Chi-Hsuan Yen <yan12125@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [BUG] SIGSEGV under certain circumstances
- Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2017 20:55:18 +0800
- Cc: Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :cc; bh=lDszBQNMwTpLvu6qjw+//X47z7vmeys+gSvKgH1NGWc=; b=iXTPKU1xVoWydSpqyXz0hRvAM54Rm31VSoN1O5lNGHP7EI227+UNi0YuqISjjdBnPY /lEN06U2GZhFPL4EDg1qQkwcSa37Pzbw54e5SET/pERodOp7pEIkvupTO2h/zEfAvZtb g6z1VpfRQ3U5KkUcc3ZvP3Vgz1B9yR6oNwCawe6RRcBxGFXR9pBXNigRl5KR40b3MfYb q2UwqbLnoyfl5Il78GTHYX3VfQErK4rMihWtH2eu1KFPe6Efq7syliLil5KaHA+wT+nJ QHwI/hHwDP9XjKftpwCsaL47xZ8rudFq4nptrauvgkl81rprbvEOJMQFGgCKC1BFCvZ6 XNKQ==
- In-reply-to: <170304151137.ZM30694@torch.brasslantern.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAMNjDR1CUaw2AXbEDLP94R=4VCNj1yc=d3OcVj=tO6FZXAEqPQ@mail.gmail.com> <170304151137.ZM30694@torch.brasslantern.com>
On 5 March 2017 at 07:11, Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mar 1, 11:38pm, Chi-Hsuan Yen wrote:
> } My zsh version is d00931de5c2b7aa846daf137865dd05ac8d4be8a.
> } By the way, after those steps ~/.zsh_history seems corrupted:
> I'm not sure the history is actually corrupted, because the history
> file is stored with metafied characters which means you can't easily
> examine it independently of reading it into zsh. There was a small
> C program posted here some months ago that would unmetafy the file.
> However based on your steps to reproduce there likely is a problem
> related to reading the history file back in again.
> The stack trace you provided is not helpful because it reveals the
> point at which the corrupted memory is accessed but not the point
> at which it became corrupted. A pass through valgrind might give
> better information.
Thanks for the tip. I re-compiled with commit
8522e996ecc88697344dcc4814367ec7e32e7deb and run zsh under valgrind.
The log can be found in . (The GDB backtrace is also updated to the
new build for consistency).
Messages sorted by: