Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: empty job texts for suspended .zshrc jobs
- X-seq: zsh-workers 40919
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Zsh hackers list <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: empty job texts for suspended .zshrc jobs
- Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 14:36:36 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:in-reply-to:comments:references:to:subject :mime-version; bh=EZYJoA6lgtIwYAxFtF+hE1DL9iDb/ME6un/nTPAICCA=; b=k1USPqNXDZD2keGV4+x0tvBTaedMnG6g45M6K06NVtNPpptXYIpvlZRQBr8ghQ86ed h0VPTCE3OMMZsY0AmfZVWnwBMkDxZJHn4Fwdcm/EwTic2hKOZwnid6D4c7UmLoVjN6Vr 6OsCpyc+1EHPSoyNAs54gwex7dkT2oqPBY48ZZX8ejlmL6MvgQcaarFozrxoL2HWBt7r AH2D7O69tK/EFg6bDpRgixJtmGVD5l1loxwSR1Z/CCWBXhl2WeLrTKjXpqYdvTEz12T6 Dln8xyhR0TsnHx8axANlr/HZ9gAbMqNcBvAoDTC/nshHYRN6H0wiFvdFXA7QiLgYO6ot mQoQ==
- In-reply-to: <20170327102016.GA7975@chaz.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20170327102016.GA7975@chaz.gmail.com>
On Mar 27, 11:20am, Stephane Chazelas wrote:
} zsh: suspended |
Hm, this is because what you've actually suspended is the "source"
command; the pipeline is the foreground job of the script file that
"source" is reading. It's just that "source" doesn't get a slot
in the job table because semantically it's masquerading as the top
I suspect this is tangentially related to the gymnastics that zsh
performs when you suspend a loop construct and an implicit fork has
to be performed to add a new job table entry. It's just incomplete
for the case of "source".
The missing jobtext in this example dates back at least to 4.2.0.
In zsh-2.4 the job state is garbage and the shell crashes when the
sleeps ends. The last version I can try where it appears to work as
expected is zsh-3.0.5.
Messages sorted by: