Re: Colon-array variables can crash "sh" emulation

On Thu, 20 Apr 2017 07:56:20 -0700
> On Apr 20, 11:21am, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> } The fly in the ointment here is that colonarrsetfn() refuses to fix up
> } the environment unless the ename element is set.  It's not clear to me
> } why since I don't think ename can be unset for special tied variables
> } which are the only use of colonarrsetfn().
>
> This is probably not be true any longer, but at one time I think "ename"
> was doing double duty as a flag that the parameter was in fact exported.

Yes, this has changed significantly since the early days.

The only remaining use of ename I could see that made me scratch my head
was the test just before the export_param() call at the end of
assignstrvalue(), but I think the worst impact is a superfluous call to
addenv().

pws