Re: autocompletion is broken in restricted shell

On Mon, 8 May 2017 11:38:37 +0200
Jan Kryl <jan.kryl@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> However at least I would like to fix another thing which breaks
> autocompletion and that is using write redirections in autocompletion
> code. That can be avoided by using 2>&- instead of 2>/dev/null. A
> patch for review is attached.

Hmmm... I'm not sure if this is deliberate, to minimise the chance of
errors.  But, as discussed elsewhere, we ignore write errors on
descriptors a lot of the time anyway, so I'm not sure it matters... and
I'm not sure if you're realistically going to get an error message from
there as long as the shell supports that syntax, so it's probably
reasonable to apply this and see what happens.

pws