Re: autocompletion is broken in restricted shell

On Tue, 9 May 2017 22:02:47 -0700
> If we're already admitting that compsys is too complex to be reliable
> in restricted mode, I think we should not have applied a patch that
> only matters in restricted mode and that might cause spurious errors
> in the far more common case.

I'm not that bothered, either way, because I can't judge either how much
could it's doing in restricted mode --- does it make the difference
between basic usability and not, or is it just another minor additional
problem --- or what problem it's going to cause in normal operation,
where you wouldn't expect to get an error with a recent version of the
shell.

I wonder if the answer at this stage is to remove the redirection
completely.

pws