Re: Zsh parser infinite loop in chuck from utils.c on malformed input

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 1:43 AM, Bart Schaefer
<schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> This probably should have been a parse error because the { } are not
> balanced, but I'm guessing the parser returns a complete expression
> when it hits EOF.  Anyway, parameter expansion is one of the few things
> that happens in noexec, and those %%%% in the flags list mean to treat
> all that garbage as a prompt ... so I suspect it's not actually in an
> *infinite* loop, just one that is going to repeat 3333333333333333333
> times.

I see. Is there a particular reason parameter expansion is performed
when noexec is on, and is there a way to disable expansions too?

(I'm interested in finding parsing problems, so this specific case
will most likely slow down the fuzzing).